Friday, February 10, 2012
Bdelloid Rotifers Recorded with Canon T1i
Bdelloid Rotifers Recorded with Canon T1i Tube. Duration : 8.32 Mins.
Bdelloid Rotifers recorded at approximately 100x on an Amscope Model T-490B Trinocular scope with a Canon T1i mounted on the trinocular port and tethered to a PC using EOS Utility to record. You can clearly see the rotary organs on the head here, [they don't really roatate, it's an optical illusion]. The Mastax is also clearly visdible, which is an organ equivilant to chompers, or your own teeth. These organs have been found in 100 million year old amber, the only prehistoric microbe parts ever found, other than testate amoeba shells and pollen. Canon provides free software to shoot tethered to PC or Mac computers, using a supplied USB cord. It actually works quite well for stills and video. When using the camera with an AF lens, you can even focus using the buttons on the EOS Utility panel. When mounted on a microscope, focus is done with the microscope knobs. The T1i is the 5th camera I have used, in search of something that would take good quality video and so far, it has done the best job. I have also used a Canon 1DMkIII for still, which did OK, but has the problem of blur from the shutter caused shake. I have used two Tucsen USB tube cameras, a 10Mp and a 5Mp. I would never recommend these cameras to anyone. They are pure junk and so is the software that comes with them. The last camera I tried was a CCD Sony surveillance type camera that actually did quite well, but you need to have a TV IN card on your computer to connect and record to. While I freely admit to ...
Tags: bdelloid, rotifers, canon, T1i, tethered, shooting
Bdelloid Rotifers recorded at approximately 100x on an Amscope Model T-490B Trinocular scope with a Canon T1i mounted on the trinocular port and tethered to a PC using EOS Utility to record. You can clearly see the rotary organs on the head here, [they don't really roatate, it's an optical illusion]. The Mastax is also clearly visdible, which is an organ equivilant to chompers, or your own teeth. These organs have been found in 100 million year old amber, the only prehistoric microbe parts ever found, other than testate amoeba shells and pollen. Canon provides free software to shoot tethered to PC or Mac computers, using a supplied USB cord. It actually works quite well for stills and video. When using the camera with an AF lens, you can even focus using the buttons on the EOS Utility panel. When mounted on a microscope, focus is done with the microscope knobs. The T1i is the 5th camera I have used, in search of something that would take good quality video and so far, it has done the best job. I have also used a Canon 1DMkIII for still, which did OK, but has the problem of blur from the shutter caused shake. I have used two Tucsen USB tube cameras, a 10Mp and a 5Mp. I would never recommend these cameras to anyone. They are pure junk and so is the software that comes with them. The last camera I tried was a CCD Sony surveillance type camera that actually did quite well, but you need to have a TV IN card on your computer to connect and record to. While I freely admit to ...
Tags: bdelloid, rotifers, canon, T1i, tethered, shooting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment